Overview of installing Application Unlocking Program and Registry Editor Program
There are two more cab files which must be installed. The first file is an application
unlocking program. This program allows other applications to be downloaded to your
phone that have not been approved by AT&T. (Because AT&T would not approve of an
application that would unlock the Internet Sharing program on the Jack.)
The second file is required to edit the phone's registry and remove a registry file that
forces the Jack to connect to the GSM network instead of the 3G network.
1) Again, just as you did before with the MobileJaw program, you're going to click on
the download link of each of these programs then save them to the desktop of your
PC one at a time.
Download the first file and save it to your to your desktop by clicking here: SurrealNetworks App Unlock
Download the second file and save it to your desktop by clicking here:
Then from your desktop you're going to:
1) Open the ActiveSync program >
2) Click on 'Explore' (at the top of the ActiveSync window) > locate and open the 'My
Documents' file in your phone > and
3) Copy and paste each of the two downloads on your desktop into this file one at a
4) Close the ActiveSync Explore window and locate the programs on your phone.
To locate the files go to:
) START >
) File Explorer >
) My Documents > (and locate the SurrrealNetworks App Unlock first.)
) Click on it and it will install on your phone. After it does so, click - Done.
) Next, again locate the regeditSTG file. When you click on the file - it will open again
in a new screen. Then, click on the regedit.exe file.
(When asked if you want to continue, click, YES)
) This will open the phone's registry.
(You will need to pay very close attention to what I'm about to tell you to do next!)
In the phone's registry you will see 4 (four) registry keys.
1) Locate the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and click on it.
( It may just say: HKEY_LOCAL_MAC... )
2) In the new window - Scroll down and locate the file labeled: Comm and click on it.
3) In the new window - Scroll down and locate the file labeled: InternetSharing (all one
word) and click on it.
4) In the new window - scroll down and locate the file labeled: Settings and click on it.
5) In the new window - locate and DELETE the file: ForceCellConnection
6) If asked for confirmation, click YES.
7) Once this file is deleted -Then, PRESS THE BUTTON ON YOUR KEYPAD WITH THE
PICTURE OF A HOUSE ON IT TO RETURN TO YOUR PHONE'S HOME SCREEN.
8) Now, Turn your Phone OFF and back ON.